Gold plated Jewellery is made with a thin layer of gold coated on another metal like Brass. With proper care, you can extend the lifespan and get more wear out of your one gram gold jewellery and gold plated jewellery. It can’t be explained exactly how long it will last, it depends on how and when you wear it. The wearer's skin pH also affects the plating. There are some people whose skin pH will cause the plating to wear down in limited days!
Kerala's traditional bridal Jewellery is now liked by most of South Indian brides. This is not daily worn jewellery, so most people like to buy imitation jewellery for one-time use. If we give extra care to these ornaments, they can be used occasionally for temple or marriage parties for years.
- Avoid storing your plated jewellery in something made of oak or cardboard boxes. These materials are often treated with sulphur, which over time will release fumes that will cause your jewellery to tarnish and become damaged. When not in use, we recommend that you place your jewellery in a low-density polyethene plastic or silk Zip pouch or soft cloth separate from other jewellery. Please do not use those velvet boxes which you may have which were gifted to you when you bought gold or diamond jewellery.
- Every after use, clean your plated jewellery with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any oil, dust and dirt it has acquired. If your jewellery needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water. Don't Keep them with sweat or water content. Don’t use traditional jewellery cleaners on your plated jewellery, or any other chemical-filled solution, not even toothpaste.
One gram Gold Jewellery, mostly chains used as daily wear. With a little care, it can be used like gold jewellery for years.
- While wearing your one gram gold jewellery don't spray perfumes or other sprays it will interact with your Jewellery's metal and tarnish. A single spray of these perfumes is good enough to spoil the look and colour of the jewellery or shorten the colour life. Put on your jewellery after you have applied lotion, perfume or makeup. Wait until it is dry or it has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your one gram gold Jewellery.
Micro Gold plated Jewellery is usually made up of Brass and copper alloy. These ornaments usually last up to 12 months, but with special care, its life can be extended.
- Do not apply cream, lotion or perfume after wearing gold plated jewellery. Materials like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, Spray, perfume etc. may react with metal used in plated jewellery and will cause it to tarnish easily.
- Make sure that you don’t forget to remove your gold plated jewellery when you exercise or do anything that would require heavy physical work because plating goes with sweat.
- Chlorine in water also reacts with the metals so remove the ornaments when bathing, swimming or washing hands.
- Be sure to avoid rubbing plated bangles, bracelets and necklaces against each other.